- How I almost blew it up: Good read for entrepreneurs
- BUYology: Understand Consumer psychology
- Jugaad: Skippable
- The Lean Startup: Intriguing
- The 4 hour work week: From impossible to atleast possible (change of thought)
- Private life of the Mughals: Skippable
- Behind the Bars: Skippable
- Good to Great: Good read for entrepreneurs, managers and CEOs
- Hard thing about Hard Things: MUST READ for entrepreneurs, managers and CEOs
- Zero to One: Good read for entrepreneurs, managers and CEOs
- The Infinite Game: Good read for entrepreneurs, managers and CEOs
- The Empty Planet: Open your eye
- Sundar Pichai: Inspiring
- Fast Viral & Cheap: Engaging
- Ikigai: Different way of living
- Alchemist: A reread
- Rework: Challenges conventions
- Built to last: Good read for entrepreneurs, managers and CEOs
- Strength finder: Self explanatory. Worth the effort
- The Surrender Experiment: Flow with it
- Sapiens: THE BEST OF 2020. MUST READ FOR ALL
- For one more day: Light and Touching
While learnt a lot from each of them, one of the learning which I would like to share is:
Life is struggle.
\”The struggle is when you wonder why you started the company is the first place.
The struggle is when people ask you why you don\’t quit and you don\’t know the answer.
The struggle is when your employee think you are lying and you think they may be right.
The struggle is when food loses its taste.
The struggle is when you dont believe you should be the CEO of your company. The struggle is when you know that you are in over your head and you know you cannot be replaced. The struggle is when everybody thinks you are an idiot., but nobody will fire you. The struggle is when self-doubt becomes self-hatred.
The struggle is when you are having a conversation with someone and you can\’t hear a word that they are saying because all you can hear is the struggle.
The struggle is when you want the pain to stop. The struggle is unhappiness.
The struggle is when you go on vacation to feel better and you feel worse.
The struggle is when you are surrounded by people and you are all alone. The struggle has no mercy.
The struggle is land of broken promises and crushed dreams. The struggle is a cold sweat. The struggle is where you guts boil so much that you feel like you are going to spit blood.
The struggle is not failure, but it causes failure. Especially if you are weak. Always if you are weak.
Most people are not strong.
Every great entrepreneur from Steve Jobs to Mark Zuckerberg went through the struggle and struggle they did, you are not alone. But that does not mean that you will make it. You may not make it. That is why it is the struggle.
The struggle is where the greatness comes from.\”
Source: Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
Looking forward to read more books in 2021. Recommendations welcome.